At Waldegrave the aim is that 'everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success, this is summarised using the three words ‘Enjoy, Achieve, Empower’. We achieve this through:
• Great teaching and learning
• Positive relationships
• Being the best we can be
• Embracing the new
• Great leadership
• Being open-minded and respectful
• Sharing common values and practices
• Developing strong partnerships
Our School Rule
Learning comes first: we show mutual respect and understanding for everyone, through courteous and considerate behaviour at all times.
Our most recent inspection took place in Sept 2018 and the school was judged to be outstanding. The inspection team looked at all aspects of the school including: standards of achievement, teaching and learning, the personal development and well-being of students, leadership and management and the sixth form. All were graded outstanding which put the school in the top 25% of schools in the country.
Please use the downloads section on the right hand side of the Ofsted page to view our 2018 Ofsted report.
Specialism in Science and Maths
Waldegrave School has had a specialism in Science and Mathematics since 2004.
As part of this provision we:
• offer a wider range of courses in science and mathematics
• offer separate sciences at GCSE and A level
• challenge students to achieve excellent results in these subjects
• provide clubs and enrichment activities related to science and mathematics
• provide opportunities for students to engage with Higher Education in science and mathematics
• build stronger links with the local community including primary schools and local businesses.
We do not select our students on scientific aptitude or ability and we continue to offer a broad and balanced curriculum.
Ms Elizabeth Tongue, Headteacher