Ofsted returns to Waldegrave after long absence!
Posted on 17th Oct
We had an Ofsted inspection on 25-26 September 2018 and we have been rated 'Outstanding'. The school was last inspected in 2007 and has gone through considerable change since then. We opened our new co-ed sixth form in 2014, welcoming boys for the first time. The recent two day inspection looked at all of aspects of the school including: standards of achievement, teaching and learning, the personal development and well-being of students, leadership and management and the sixth form. All were graded outstanding which puts Waldegrave in the top 25% of schools in the country.
The Headteacher Philippa Nunn said “I am so proud of the staff and students at Waldegrave! I am particularly pleased that the team of inspectors made so many comments about the committed staff and excellent teaching and learning, I believe this is at the heart of any outstanding school. The timing of the report is perfect, it sets the school up nicely for the next phase of development when Ms Tongue starts as Headteacher in January. I will bid farewell after 12 happy years to work as executive Headteacher of Twickenham School and Hampton High. I am confident that Waldegrave will continue to go from strength to strength.”
The Co-Chairs of Governors, Fran Perrow and Andrew Tanner, said “The 'Outstanding' Ofsted rating reflects the dedication and talent of our excellent staff. We are immensely proud of Waldegrave's success and look forward to delivering an outstanding education to pupils for the foreseeable future."
Quotes from the report
- The quality of teaching is consistently strong across the curriculum.
- Teachers are thoughtful practitioners, constantly looking at ways to become even better.
- Leaders, governors and teachers are united in having the highest aspirations for pupils.
- Students achieve exceptionally well in the sixth form. This is due to consistently effective teaching and excellent opportunities to enhance students’ wider personal development.
- Middle leaders are very effective at improving the quality of provision and outcomes in their subjects.
- The exceptional leadership of the headteacher and her senior team ensures excellent standards in all aspects of the school’s work