Paid Teaching Internships Summer 2019
Are you, or do you know a Maths/Physics/STEM/Engineering undergraduate in Year 2 of your Training? – PAID Internships available in Richmond Schools
We have an exciting opportunity to share for our families, friends and alumni who are currently on or know someone who is on a Physics, Maths or similar STEM related course (including Engineering) who may be thinking about entering the teaching profession. Our partner alliances, Richmond Teaching School Alliance (RTSA) and Orleans Park Teaching Alliance (OPTA) have successfully been awarded a grant from the DfE to host paid interns on a four week programme from 10 June 2019.
Do I qualify?
The internship is aimed at second year undergraduates (on a three year course) or third year undergraduates (on a four year course). We are, however, happy to receive an application from final year students who have yet to decide their next steps post-graduation.
How much do I get paid?
You will be paid £300 a week; if you do the full four weeks you will receive £1200. A deduction will be made for any days missed. Interns will be responsible for finding their own accommodation.
What does the programme involve and how will it benefit me?
The programme will involve being based in a couple of our four schools across the four week period. These are: Waldegrave School; Orleans Park School; St Richard Reynolds; Christ’s School.
During these four weeks you will be trained in and able to experience some of the following:
- Classroom experience (opportunities to support in STEM lessons and lead small groups)
- Mentoring students
- Opportunities to take students to extracurricular events related to STEM
- Skills and training which will be beneficial for a future career in education or other linked areas
- The chance to have some fun with the wonderful students at our four schools.
- A guaranteed interview on the School Direct programmes managed by OPTA and RTSA which lead to PGCE accredited by Roehampton University or St Mary’s University.
How do I find out more?
Please contact the Richmond Teaching School Alliance (RTSA): firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We will be hosting an information event on Friday 5 April at Waldegrave School, Twickenham from 2pm and would welcome your attendance.
This is an exciting opportunity to engage with young people with some excellent financial benefits; we welcome your interest.