Start of Term Arrangements Y12 & Y13
We are looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday 6 September 2017 for your first day of term. Whether you are returning for Y13 or starting your journey with us we hope this will be a fantastic year for you.
Arrangements for the first day are as follows. Details of the remainder of the first week will be communicated to you on the first day.
- School Starts at 8.45am on Wednesday 6 September 2017. Please come to the Sixth Form Block by 8.30am
- Year 12 will be dismissed at 12.30 on the first day only.
- Year 13 students may be able to leave at 12.30 but must be prepared to stay in the afternoon if they to be seen.
- The Sixth Form Café will be open from 8am for breakfast and break time for a light snack.
- Please arrive in full DRESS CODE with basic stationary equipment. Subjects will advise you about what else you need to purchase in the first lesson.
- There will be a number of induction activities for Y12 on and off site during this first week including a Work Experience Launch with visiting speakers and a BBQ on Friday afternoon.
DRESS CODE is SMART. If in doubt please dress as if you are attending a job interview.
Examples of appropriate clothing might include:
- Smart dress, suits, trousers, jackets, shirts, polo shirts, skirts, blouses, smart T-shirts or knitwear, leggings under a tunic, jewellery, boots, nail polish, make up.
Examples of inappropriate clothing might include:
- Beach wear, miniskirts, lycra cycling shorts or leggings on their own, loose hanging trousers, leisure shorts, “see-through” blouses/dresses/ shirts, tracksuits (unless you are doing sport), denim jeans or jackets, clothing with tears, holes and rips, low-cut T shirts or blouses, shoestring strapped tops (unless under a blouse), crop-tops, off the shoulder tops, onesies, hoodies, extremes of fashion, jewellery, hair and nails.
- Plimsolls/converse/scruffy shoes/flip flops/open backed sandals/trainers/Vans. Shoes should be polishable and smart.
- Students are not permitted to wear facial studs.
Mrs Kate Page
Director of Sixth Form